Use Trash Taxi
See Trash Taxi prices on next tab
Throw it over your neighbour's fence (this is joke)
You'll save some money but loose some friends.
Take it to the tip yourself
Tip - Becks Rd, Drysdale; Transfer station - Douro St, Nth Geelong.
Costs are $48/m3:
Single axle trailer (heaped, min) $48.00; Tandem trailer (heaped, min) $96.00; plus petrol costs/time.
For further information visit: http://www.geelongaustralia.com.au/ct/consult/article/item/8cb81bfe83a5e6e.aspx
Use a skip
There are some good skip companies around.
Most skip companies charge $55-$70/m3 depending on the size of the bin. Many don't take mattresses and tyres, etc, but if they do they charge extra for them. There is also a surplus charge if you go overweight.
Skips also have some disadvantages too:
- With skip bin hire you may have to get a permit and pay extra to put it on the road/nature-strip - no problem with Trash Taxi;
- Other people often put their stuff in your skip bin when you're not looking - no problem with Trash Taxi;
- It's hard to estimate exactly what size skip bin to hire – and if you only have 5m3 of rubbish you still have to pay for a 6m3 skip. With Trash Taxi I do the estimating for you - and you only pay for what I take;
- You have to load a skip yourself - with Trash Taxi I load it for you;
- It's hard to fit bulky items like couches and tables in a skip - with Trash Taxi I can fit them into my truck and only charge you for the exact volume